Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oh crumbs

About a week ago I was doing my laundry - folding clothes and putting them away (like I should have done a week before) when tragedy struck.

But to set the scene, let me first tell you about my dresser drawers.

Mr dresser drawers have a mind of their own. They always want to be open and they never close or at least never stay closed, no matter how full or empty they are. Granted when they have clothes in them the weight of the fabric encourages the drawers to open, but point is that it's a dresser, my clothes are in them, and the drawers keep opening. But I can live with that.

Let clothes breathe if they want to.

I did realise that my drawers were becoming a little front heavy but I didn't think anything of it till that one week ago.

When the dresser fell over.

It fell forward and everything - and I mean everything that was on the top fell off. Luckily some fell on the bed and luckily most if it was plastic. Makeup and the like were all in plastic containers and what expensive glass bottled stuff I actually own either bounced off my bed or was in a wooden box (lucky again).

BUT something made of glass did hit the floor.


My glass tumbler from Saint-Etienne!

*sniff*

What to do? Fix it lah.

Superglue!


Tada!

Crisis averted! You can barely see the cracks! But it's obvious that it's been broken but I suppose you could call it "character".
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Nice save, Sara! You're lucky the glass didn't break into small shards. Oh, that's the last thing that I want to happen to my favorite recycled glass tumbler. It's really precious to me because it's my companion whenever I'm down. Well, that and my good ol' whiskey bottle, of course. I'd better have my own stock of superglue.

    ReplyDelete