Thursday, August 10, 2006

Annoying Song of the Day - Nick Latchkey

Ok, I'll give him the benefit of having a decent voice and being in a marginally and now defunct boy band, but goddamn it man! Can't the aliens in Hollywood do anything without making money? I mean, you're supposed to be getting divorced! It's supposed to be sad. You're not supposed to sing about it. But that's not my main grievance. The thing that rubbing me the wrong way is the song.

Nick Lachey:
"What's Left of Me"
is nothing but an empty shell. Jessica. Loved you. You were wrong. I am successful! I can make money! But out of misery and pity from sappy consumers! Help me denizens of love-ballad-land! Buy my album my pretties! Yess! Mwahahah! They're falling for it! Mwahahaha! And yet another evil laugh: mwahahahah!
It has no meaning. And even if the song did have a meaning, it sort of means what it doesn't mean. If you know what I mean.

oh look. he's walking away and I don't care. tee hee. Cameras love me

Explanation
"You can have what's left of me" blah blah. I forget the lyrics already (and I was just on the radio). From what I can make out, the song is a call to Jessica (his ex-wifey-poochie-kin-pie) to take what she left him with because he's nothing without her. Hmmmm. Lets see. You divorced her (or visa-versa. Whatever) and now you want her to take the other half of your heart and soul seeing as she took the other half which you gave to her. Do you love her or not, man?! Make up your mind!

Anyway, it's a ballad and as far as ballads go, this is one hurts. Like how it hurts when you bang your head against a table every time you hear it. It makes no sense. Its sole purpose is to make you cry for a rich biatch and his Mtv girlfriend so he can go and drink more Crystal paid for by the money you shell out to buy his weepy album. Take my advice, you want pain and sorrow, go watch adults try to be cool. It's a lot cheaper and it'll make you shake your head and weep tears of frustration as you watch their fruitless failed attempts to worm their way into cool crowd. Sorry to tell you this guys, that boat has sailed.

***

Genre: Wimpy Ballad

SSR (Sara's Song Rating): LAME

No comments:

Post a Comment