Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm such a bad daughter

Morning again.

Yesterday I forgot to do a graph my dad asked me to do. He needed it by this morning. He got pissed. He gave me that pissed-off glare. It's the morning. I don't give a shit.

He says: "Can you take the notebook to the office and do it there?" -Glare. Glare. Glare.-
I say: "Yeah. The file is in my email." Why are you still glaring? I said I'd do it.
He walks past to the shoe cupboard.
He says: "If you only would have done it yesterday…" -He trails off sentences a lot.-
I say: "I tried to teach you how to do it so many times!" - I do have a valid point. -
He says: "Fine! Never mind! Forget it!"

OK. It's NSOMY (No Skin Off My Nose).

He stalks out the front door.

Strange. Now he'll never get it done either way. Not the brightest thing he's ever done.

I do my dad's business graphs for him ever since he discovered that excel has the function and he stubbornly doesn't want to learn claiming that it's a waste of time. I don't see the logic but that's the kind of man my father is. Never wrong, always right.

I have a personal rule when it comes to my parents. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. It's worked quite well for me so far. I'm still living there and getting fed on a daily basis. I have shelter and water to drink. I'm sort of like a pet who, in the future, will look after my masters until their demise.

I don't care if it sounds morbid because there's really no other way of looking at it. As a single and only child, I have sole responsibility for the health and safety of the two most irritating people I know. Well, you cant choose family.

I've always threatened them with the though of sending them to a nursing home. The threat is quite real. I'm working towards getting a law degree and the natural progression from that is to be a lawyer. Lawyers in general don't really have much time to dote on senile seniors. Sad to say. I'm sure they can look after themselves but as my parents are quite stubborn about not having a maid I don't see what else I can do cept let educated professionals manage them.

Wow. That sounds cold. Even to me. I'm in a rather humourless mood now. Having an argument with my dad sucks the life outta a person.

Well back to the principle of biting feeding hands.

If my dad wanted me to do the graph, he should have let me take the notebook instead of glaring and mouthing off. He knows I had a valid point because if I didn't he would have retaliated. Then again, I do have to go to college today and I think he's sending me so he might just be waiting for revenge or something. I can take a cab, no problem then.

Dad doesn't like me taking cabs. I don't know whether he thinks they're expensive or dangerous but he objects to me taking them. I have no qualms about it. They get me from point A to point B. then I'm happy.

Bite. Hand. Feed. OK.

I depend on my parents and that thought alone really turns my stomach. I don't like to be dependent but out of necessity's sake I must. I'm not quite 18 but I don't really want to go out and work yet. I'll get my law degree first - a year here (KL) then 2 in the UK - and then I can go gallivanting off independently for a few years then return to do my daughterly duties.

My dad just want grandchildren so I don't know why he's letting me go off to England. The typical Chinese dream I guess: rich, wealthy and prosperous offspring who produce many babies. That's not so hard for my friends cos they got siblings. I have to encompass it all. I have to be all-encompassing. Stress-much?

Like I said before. I don't like being an only child. If I fail, the whole family line fails. I just might fail to spite them, although my own ego won't let me. Why do I care so much?

My A-level results are out to day by the way. Could this day get any better?

No comments:

Post a Comment