Friday, September 11, 2009

Week 1, dusted and done.

Well the first week is over. Granted that it was only two days but a very hectic deep-end-of-the-pool two days it was. I’m glad the weekend is here and I finally have some time to chill out and relax and sort out what I have to do for the next week. I’m determined to not mess about like I did last year.

In a way I’m sort of glad / relieved that The Boy isn’t an hour's train ride away any more. The temptation isn’t as great when I know I don’t have the money to fly to France every month – even if I wanted to. Keeps my mind here in Cardiff and focused! At least until I start thinking about Winter Hols hehe…

* * *

Today in class I will admit that I suffered from a severe case of green-eye. Meaning that I saw someone who I wished I was – or rather, I wished I could be. It’s more to do with achievements and lifestyle than actual personality or looks. Once the realisation kicked in it was “batten down the hatches. This is totally wrong”. Envy is one of the less common sins but when it rears up its really awful how you feel once you know you’ve hit up on it. Church on Sunday! Repentance!

* * *

A bit of self praise now – I feel quite proud of myself for dragging my butt down to the Legal Practice Library to do the work in prep for Monday. The LPL will be closed on Sunday so I figured I’d go down today to get ahead of the “crowd” which I assume will be descending tomorrow. I could well be wrong tho – the LPL was deserted when I was there at 5pm…

Monday’s work is done. If I get up before noon tomorrow I might head there again and try and finish up to Wednesday’s work. Then I have Sunday to do churchy things and rehearse the 3-5 minute speech that I have to prepare for Advocacy 1 on Monday. Apparently we get RECORDED. Yipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment