Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve Night

Technically it's Christmas morning, but it's not really.

There's no tree.
There are no presents.
There's no family.

This is a sorry excuse for a Christmas if I ever saw one.

I can do without the tree and presents. But I'm home alone. The house mates have gone off to Malaysia and London respectively. The Boy is uncontactable. Family is thousands of miles away and the relatives I have here couldn't give a damn.

I'm normally a jolly kind of person. I can handle work stress, relationship stress even friendship stress. But at this time of year, I'm detached from my loved ones - so far I can't even feel them.

Everyone else is living it up with their Boy or Girl or family. And it feels wretched to not have that at this time of year.

It's not that I don't have friends here. I just don't have people who I'm close enough to here.

I don't need a Christmas miracle, just a Christmas hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment