Thursday, December 31, 2009

Walkies

So I took that walk.

And I feel a lot less... emo.

As a side note, on the way out I encountered my house mate who asked me "where are you going?" to which I replied "out for a walk" to which he laughed and said "oh! So emo!" Wrong. He has since realised the error of his ways and has not amused himself at my moodiness. Although I have to admit, the adjective was appropriate, I hate the word.

A lot less stressed and less cabin-fevered. I would have liked to have walked for longer (I was out only 45 minutes I think) but I couldn't find a quiet, safe spot to walk about town. Alexandra Gardens was cordoned off for the New Years Carnival thing and the City Centre was full of scary drunk yobs.

The Carnival is another sore point. I love going on these rides but it's only truly fun if someone enjoys it with you. No one here, and I stress no one here ever joins me on the rides. Its like living in a black and white library with all the fun sucked out. Where are my buds when I need them? Also sadly, I was thinking that even The Boy would not go on a ride with me. Not even the Big Wheel. What sadness.

Moping over, I'm sitting once again in my brightly lit room feeling a little like a bird in a gilded cage. Even if someone opens the door, will there be anyone on the other side?

No comments:

Post a Comment