Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Female Oppression

No, no, this is not another one of my rants about how women are repressed or so on and so forth...

OK, maybe just a bit.

But it's quite hard to believe, in our fast-paced and developing society that there are still some people who, in their infinite ignorance, still insist that girls are supposed to be this, or this, or this. God, it makes me so mad (not you personally, God. You're cool)

So, I asked the stupid, pig-headed mis-informed individuals: WHY do you think such things? This is what they came up with...

Girls are dainty

And we are all supposed to be wearing pretty pretty frocks and painting portraits and crying for help when we are unable to open the pickle jar lid. Because we are dainty.

dainty


Real proper ladies are supposed to be seen not heard. And kept helpless and useless.

OM F@#$%@#$ G. Get a GRIP. Ever heard of the Feminist movement?! Women Empowerment? Evidently NOT! If being "dainty" means being a "lady", FINE. I can be a lady, I can be polite in public, but don't EVER say to me that being a lady is putting up and shutting up. We all have vocal chords for a reason.

Moving on...

Girls are fragile

Should we be wearing this? I think NOT


"Oh, I broke a nail."

Guys usually use this phrase as an example of female vunerability.

OK, fellas, first off: Broken fingernails hurt like a bitch. You try growing your nails for a month or so and let one of your buddies break it off for you. 100 bucks for any guy who doesn't go "MuthaFCUKER!!". And why do girls grow their nails long? Because of stupid society saying it's good! Its makes you a woman! It distinguishes you from the men! Can you say BS, loud enough? Sure, nail polish is advertised as a feminine product, but with the right advertising, men would take to nail polish like a cat to cream. Don't believe me? Guess who's nails are these:

loverlyso pweety


Yeah, those are a guy's nails. No joke. And I painted the nails of 5 different guys in the span of a couple of days. Voluntarily. See? All you cosmetic companies out there, you have a new market! HAH, the day they start advertising nail polish for men is the day I relinquish my title as Neo-Feminist Drama Queen (and I don't give that up easily).

Girls are Delicate

Delicate enough to be enlisted and kick enemy butt. Delicate enough for you? Not me personally, but those brave women all over the world fighting in wars and conflict. If they are so delicate, then how would they survive? And none of that Army training bullshit. ALL girls are capable of kicking ASS and should rightfully do so whenever they feel like it.

I WILL kick your ass


Kickboxing, Tae Kwando, Judo, Karate. All self defence and martial arts designed for the protection of the human body against antagonists, e.g. would-be rapists and future castration nominees. I'm sure event he most butt-headed idiot knows how to throw a punch or two.

Alright, given that men are biologically stronger and more adapted to physical combat, women are still capable of holding their own. Plus, we don't have that... sensitive spot you "men" have.

Still think I'm wrong? Watch Kill Bill and then try and argue with me again.

the bride rules
don't F@#K with me


Oh, and the idiots that provoked me into this lenghty rant were my parents. They teach me something new everyday. I did not know I was a goddess till now.

4 comments:

  1. Actually Sara, women's equality isn't entirely about women being equal to men, because in many respects we aren't...we ARE delicate, fragile, dainty compared to them, but then that's also because we have finer motor-coordination compared to men, smaller builds, etc - you can't fault nature though :) you CAN fault people for using nature as an excuse to oppress us. ANYWAY.

    The whole women's lib, women's equality thing was really about giving women choices, and the opportunity to make decisions for themselves. Which means, if some women nowadays choose to remain dainty, fragile, etc and act all girly-girly, that still IS acc. to the whole theory of women's equality - the rationale is that, at least the woman got to make the choice.

    Personally, I kind of agree with you - women can be dainty, fragile, delicate, etc and yet be strong. We can be feminine and strong, stand up for ourselves. Afterall, we hold up the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete