Saturday, June 23, 2007

To Be Romantically Involved...

You know how some people moan about wanting to be in a relationship because they are so lonely and missed being loved and all that mushy stuff. Me? I kinda missing being single. Not that being with The Boy ain't fun and it is SO fun. But I was happy being single.

I didn’t have to worry about where he was.

[I’ll use the term “he” meaning any sort of boy that I would be involved with]

I didn’t have to think about where he was going and with whom.

I didn’t have him on my mind for about 80% of my waking moments.

I didn’t have to consider what he was feeling and how I affected those feelings.

Actually – most of all

I didn’t have to wait around for him to call.

Unintentional rhyme there. But seriously, waiting around for a call or just some sort of hint that they are thinking about you or that they care, is bloody frustrating!

But yes, the good things about being single, as opposed to the bad things about being in a relationship:

You can go hang out with whoever you want.

You can wear whatever you want.

You can say whatever you want.

You can flirt with whoever you want. – I guess you still could, as long as it doesn’t go any further. But it’s still mean tho.

You can do anything you want.

But trumping all of those, when you’re in a relationship, you’ll probably feel crappy a lot of the time. Usually self-inflicted and you’re not alone. There are loads of people feeling the same way (mostly girls, I should think) for the same stupid reason – if there even is a reason. Oh wait, the trumping bit. Right. You might feel crappy a lot, but you’ll also feel great a lot too. And when you feel great, it’s really great. Like touch the stars kinda great. It’s between living life in the middle of emotional neutrality, or hitting the peaks and the valleys. You’ll get way emotional, even if you think you’re not.

No comments:

Post a Comment