Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sleep and Specs

So I slept on the curls and voila! Lovely bouncy waves! They are a little looser than they look in the picture but they feel nice and soft and give my hair a bit of much-needed volume.

I love this hairstyle! 9/10 for gorgeous bouncy waves! The only bad thing is that when windy, the waves will go haywire. And since I also like being messy and running around, they won't last very long. So minus 1 mark for relatively high maintainence.

Also, I highly recommend watching BBC's 10 Things You Need To Know About Sleep. Really informative and really helpful, especially if you're highly strung out on exam stress and have early mornings to wake up too.

* * *

I've also recently remembered that I bought these. No, they are not defective sunglasses, they are Natural Vision specs which I bought from Guardian in Malaysia.


The small open dots allow the eye to focus naturally on a point and they work for any visual impairment from long-sightedness (as tested on my parents), short-sightedness and astigmatism (as tested on me) and a few others which are mentioned on the box but I don't remember what they are. They are my little triumph of retail pioneering because they are about 60 Ringgit and at that price my parents were not happy about me buying them but once I brought them home and made them try it, they were sold. Apparently after wearing it for about 10 minutes, my dad's long-sightedness wasn't so bad. Technically they are better than specs because they force your eyes to focus instead of relying on glasses to do the work. They claim to reverse astigmatism and so on because of this. Unforch at 60 Ringgit a pop, they are a little too pricey for everyone in the family to have one. Since I bought the XS size, thinking I was the only one in the family to ever wear it, I have them here. In Cardiff. Where I haven't worn them in quite a while. I don't know if the claim to reverse visual impairments is true but they are a good and less tiring alternative to specs. Especially if you don't have multifocal lenses for reading. The only trick to it is that you can do more than 20 mins near-point focusing at a time (i.e. reading) because you will strain your eyes. Not a bad downside I reckon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment