Friday, May 15, 2009

Straight Away

Blow-drying your hair is a necessity in the UK. I don't particularly enjoy it, I am fully aware of heat damage and I try not to use the hair dryer but when the weather is damp and cold, a head full of wet hair is the worse thing to have. I use a spray on heat protection + straightener (2-in-1) so my hair comes out (un)naturally straight. I still find it quite eerie even after a couple of years of using this product. I'm used to having air-dried messy hair.

This is blow dried straightness. I need a hair cut. The ends are getting feathery and not behaving.

I reckon a reasonable 7.5/10. Its neat. It feels tidy. It's great for doing pony tails and getting hair out of the face and I like that I can run my fingers (slowly) down from root to tip if I dry it properly. I don't like the look however. Too poker straight and boring. And it never lasts long. One good gust and it's back to hair-all-over-the-face.

The orangey streaks are the remnants of highlights I had in over last July. I got lighter brown highlights and black lowlights which is why you may see an array of orange-brown-black colours in there. The orange is the result of the light brown getting washed out. I had dark purple streaks put in a couple of years ago and they washed out orange too! My hair doesn't hold colours like it holds curls...
The dark mahogany brown in-between the orange streaks is my natural colour. I swear. And I'm quite pleased that it shows up in the sun and in pictures because I can't really see it for myself.

* * *

I'm not that hair obsessed. I just wanted to fill my blog with something that I could talk about that I can talk about with substance. Not necessarily interesting to read but mainly to at least bulk out my Blog entry list.

Oh and I made cheese on toast today! The cheese has gone a bit off I think...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment