Thursday, February 15, 2007

Boy Noise, Vol. 1! of many!

I think the posts in the near future will be full of boy noise – that is, that I will be writing a lot about how guys are so weird and what did he mean and what do I do now – those kind of things.

So anyway, onwards to today’s Boy Noise:

I had netball practice at 4pm. He asked me yesterday when netball practice was. I told him. Note: I did not just tell himhe asked.

Yeah, so I was running late so I didn’t get there in time. Not uncommon. I got a message that implied that he was around before practice started (no need to get into details about that).

It was drizzling dangerously so I started the game ASAP. This was at about 5pm.

Then when I called for a water break for the girls, he was there. Standing at the shed looking a little lost. Poor dear.

Went over to talk to him for a bit. Talked for like 2 minutes… then I saw the girls were getting a little restless. Ok, point taken, I called the game back on. He went and sat on the steps of the shed. I kinda feel a little guilty for leaving him there.

Reffed the rest of the game till about 5.45pm. Called water break again. Saw him walking off. Didn’t so much feel a pang of “oops” more like and “oops, oh well.” I SMSed him and he said he was going off for attendance call. Whoopsie. At least he didn’t sound too put out. I figured I’ll make it up to him later.

After we got rained out like 10 minutes later, I walked off to main block foyer and sat down with the girls and chatted about stuff. I reckon I was loud enough for the people inside to figure out where were there. Me especially. Mwahahaha ;)

I was talking about American Pie: the Naked Mile to a girl from Garden on the steps in front of the theatrette when the doors opened. And it was at that golden moment in time when my phone rang and dad said he was here. Great.

So I ran up to McDs thru the usual exit and on the way, lo and behold, I got a txt msg from him saying “where you? :)” and at that point I was like “SHIT.” It was raining dollar-sized drops too. So on the way to the car I was half soaked. I told him I was going home and he msged back “too bad. Wanted to ask you if you wanted to have a drink with me :)” or something to that effect.

I would have gone too is dad hadn’t come and “rescue” me from the downpour. We had a dinner appointment with his auditor guy at 7.30 so we had to rush home. Didn’t even make that dinner because of car trouble.

Another txt msg received in the car read: “…you looked cute with your hair tied like that.” I have to mention that I french-plaited my hair today because of negotiation assessment. I will not go into detail about that for fear of throwing my notebook out of the window.

* * *

Ah yes, he also asked me if I wanted to go watch Ghost Rider tomorrow. But I’m so not free tomorrow afternoon! Sad :( I would so have gone to watch it; for two reasons: I want to go watch Ghost Rider!, and I want to see him again. I mean, he’s nice to hang out with. And I’m not objecting to the attention I get around him 0=)

I am such a ham :D

* * *

Also had an interesting discussion with Lea and we jokingly agreed that I should write out the rules of my social interaction with boys. I need rules, as I explained to Lea, because without them I would just run around and get lost. So those are to come…

* * *

How does one be a good girlfriend? Do you pamper every whim? Do you play around and dance around their feelings? Does one wear revealing or conservative or innocent types of clothing? I know the answers are subjective, but I think every guy should have a manual or handbook attached to them – subject to change by the owner. Then at least the girl has a vague idea.

* * *

And from today till it wilts (or I decide it’s not worth it), I will post a pic of the beautiful rose. It’s still gorgeous
pretty from every angle

No comments:

Post a Comment