Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Stop and smell the roses...

Valentines day.

A day of mushiness and roses and cupids and all that nonsense.

And I was quite happily part of that nonsense. Although it didn’t start like that at all.

* * *

But non V-Day stuff first – to get it out of the way.

This Morning...

The Law Dept – well, my class, some Yr 2s and the lecturers who were around – low sang in the conference room after Contract class today.

we had THREE plates!


Venon generously brought the yee sang to uni, Ally and Venon bought the plates, I bought chopsticks too. Turns out more people were expected so Grace, Soo Jin, Shavan and I went off to Giant in Main Block to buy:

1. More plates
2. More chopsticks
3. Soft Drinks (at the request of Ms Kay Mi)
4. Disposable cups (for the drinks)

I paid for all of it – I didn’t ask Ms Kay Mi for money back. I don’t think it was that expensive anyway. Maybe I’ll ask her tomorrow.

At times like these, I really do love my Law class. They are awesome people.

The day trudged on as usual:

Lunch at Secret Recipe. I didn’t eat anything because I wasn’t hungry because I had eaten half a plastic container full of Secret Recipe cake that Arch had brought to Uni in the morning. That, plus the thought of later events, was making me queasy, so I decided to forgo lunch.

What else…

2 uneventful tutorials ending with a spitfire Kitson at Crime. That wore me out somewhat. Plus, I was supposed to be home by 5.30pm so I would be ready by 6.30pm. And my parents were late. And it was raining in Hartamas. Today is so not my day.

This Evening…

So I got home around 6pm. Had the quickest shower in the world. Dressed, got made up, fussed and all that. Ready by 6.30pm. But lo and behold, there would have to be a jam in Hartamas. Surprisingly I was surprised. I knew we were going to 1U but I didn’t think Hartamas would be jammed.

He got here around 7 something. Not that late – gave me a chance to read my new (old) Jeffery Archer (“As The Crow Flies”). I was so worrying about being late I wasn’t worried about the date. I was then so worried about the jams, I wasn’t worried about the date. Then, I was so engrossed in my book; I wasn’t worried about the date. Books are heaven sent…

After a few wrong turns and missed exits we eventually found ourselves on the right track and headed toward TTDI-area and within sight of 1U! Not that sitting in the car with him wasn’t ok – it was plenty fun (not that kinda of fun) but he’s a nice chap to talk to and we made conversation quite easily. I kinda fell into the habit of talking a lot but I managed to reign myself in quite well, if I may say so myself. I wasn’t as bad as the last one I reckon.

We got to the car park and the place was packed to the rafters, so parking was a bit difficult. People were calling on the phone and all so half the time we were distracted. Eventually found a “spot” next to a wall after like 15 minutes. We had to resort to stalking people at the end, but the spot we (well, he) found was like elsewhere.

Bickered over where Dome was. I was wrong. Dammit.

Got to the right one. Got seated. Ordered beverages. Were waiting for his friends to arrive. At this point its like 8.30pm.

His friends get to Dome at 9.15pm just as our food arrives. He (meaning my date) starts scoffing his food down like its air. He did say he was hungry.

I ordered the chicken and mushroom pie. Love that stuff. I only managed to finish half but he managed to finish that too. Dang guys and their never-ending stomachs and their godd*mn metabolism.

Oh, did I mention that this was a triple date? Yeah. Triple. As in three couples. Hilarity ensues.

The other guys are friends of the guy on my right so they fall in to the usual guy talk and whatnot. Fortunately for me the guys know me and know of me thanks to the Futsal comp and my omnipresence as photographer. That broke the ice somewhat. The other two ladies were more or less quiet. I had decided at the beginning of the whole thing that I would just treat this as:
a) a normal Wednesday date and not a Valentines dinner; and
b) a bunch of friends hanging out for dinner.
Option A was negated when one of his friends (who, as claimed by le guy, hasn’t had a date in 3 years) was so ecstatically happy at the prospect of having a date, kept calling her his “Valentine” and all that. Technically, that was what we all were, but it was so weird to have someone say it out loud and so often. Weird in a hilarious way, by the way.
Option B was on the occasion when he was eating and wasn’t up for much convo, so I entertained myself by chatting to the fellas and the girls and all. I hope he didn’t feel neglected. I had absolutely run out of topics of interest by the time we had hit the restaurant. I so suck.

Anyway, after the food was all eaten, we yakked about stuff like going out for drinks, and took photos and stuff. Apparently he doesn’t like drinking cos he comes out in black spots – eh? Yeah. That’s what he said. The guys wanted him to drink so he said he had to send me back and I was blur enough not to get the hint. Oh well, in the end he sent me home around 10.45pm and missed out on drinks with the guys. He gave me a rose in the car too! A really nice one – all dark-red and long stemmed.

Glorious. Gorgeous. Great smelling too.

so pretty under the right light...it really is long-stemmed. He even took out the thorns himself!


The trip back home was uneventful apart from me having to bluster my way through telling him how to get back to Jalan Duta after dropping me back. My place is really easy to get to and from once you know how! Honest!

Well, he dropped me at the club house area thing and at this point I had no idea what to do. I couldn’t very well just walk out of the car without doing or saying anything in thanks, but I also didn’t want to throw myself all over him – not that I wanted to – in return for taking me out. So as I unlocked the car door, I pondered (at the speed of light, I swear) what to do and after opening the door half way, turned around and smooched him on the cheek. I figured, that should be enoughnot too forward, but not too ungrateful either. Lea agrees with that so I feel pretty justified.

Strange though: he lingered around in the car for a bit before driving off after I got out. I wonder what he was thinking…

* * *

So end of eventful 14th February 2007. May next year’s be just as fun, and but less stressful – please!

So plans for tomorrow:
  • Lunch with Sin Yew? Unconfirmed. I may not want to wake up so early…
  • Negotiation at 3pm with Aishah, Marcus and Zarin.
  • Finish at 4pm.
  • 4 – 6pm: Netball training! Yay! Running around-ness!
Oh, and I also mentioned (because he asked) that I was going to training tomorrow so we shall see if he turns up. It’s gonna be quite awkward. I dunno. I hope the girls don’t catch on… haha!

Must remember to pack netball clothes for tomorrow. T-shirt, shorts, socks and trainers. Remember remember

* * *

And in regards to future liaisons with above mentioned male – I would not be object to additional meetings but will refrain from making quick judgements about the status of our relationship. As it stands, I see him as a possible associate of the romantic kind but will continue to treat him as a friend until such feelings of compatibility are made clear on his part.

Ooo I wonder how training is gonna go tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment