Friday, February 16, 2007

Omen-ing?

Not much to report today.

I mean, stuff happened and I did things, but nothing that elicited overwhelming emotion or that I feel that warrants a special post. So here’s a breakdown

1. UN Exco Meeting
  • Upcoming activities – UNICEF
  • March GM outline
  • PRO activites
  • MDGs

I don’t particularly enjoy Exco meetings. I’ve become more and more detached from this club. Sad. Thank goodness there’s Andrew with his enthusiasm to keep things together. I don’t know why, but I’ve run out of energy to push towards the UN Club. I suppose I can blame the previous efforts to motivate my PROs which have failed miserably. There’s only so much time and effort you can put into trying before you burn out. That, plus my transition to Law. To be honest, I can’t wait till the hand over. Sigh.

2. Hair Appointment

I have previously mentioned that I go to regular hair treatments in Mont Kiara for my hair problem.

YES, I have a hair problem. PLEASE don’t tell me about it. I KNOW already.

Anyway, I got my hair low-lighted! Its kinda sorta reddish purple. I wanted purple purple but the girl there said it wouldn’t last and it wouldn’t show much. And as it turns out the colour is pretty dark so they are low-lights, not high.

Doesn’t matter. =)

I like it!

It’s a tad dark now but she said it would lighten after a few washes. Perfect.

I just hope no one calls me an ah lian. Grrrr.

3. Home

Well, nothing happened at home today but computer wise there is some small boy noise.

Oh, while I was in Mont Kiara, he asked if I was free to go out. Today. And I was. And I was like “okay, cool. I get to go out today. And I get to see him before CNY.” Because I kinda figured that if I got to see him before the long holiday it would be better y’know? Like…so he would think about me during the long hols. So any time before then would be a plus. Not that I miss him or anything. Sigh, and I promised myself not to play games

Turns out, he cancelled tonight cos of reunion dinner. Ok, fine.

Offered to drop by tomorrow (Saturday, which is today I guess) morning. Fine also. Then then – he can’t because he has to go shopping for CNY clothes. Sigh. Can’t be helped.

So that leaves me with no opportunity to get in his head before the long hol. Dammit.

* * *

You know, after watching Under The Tuscan Sun, I have this eerie feeling about what the Spanish guy said: It must come naturally. If it were meant to be, it would all work out. It would click in place.

I know I shouldn’t be thinking too long term or what not, but it’s just frustrating.

The thing about that movie that's ringing true for me, is that they kept missing each other. Never in the same place at the same time. I hope it's not premonition of reality...


* * *

So, Chinese New Year is dawning upon us… soon! Year of the Boar apparently. Very cool My oldest auntie (on mum’s side)’s year. So she’s… 48! Multiples of 12 unite!

I’m actually looking forward to Sunday (1st Day) – see my cousins, relatives. No matter how annoying or shallow or whatever I think, they are still blood. Plus, I get to wear new clothes! And that’s always a cause for celebration.

And the question I’m looking forward to most: “Do you have a boyfriend?
And why? Because this year I can tentatively (but convincingly) say “Yes.” If only to stop them asking, and get them talking about my beloved cousin whom they dote upon so. I wonder if Stephanie has a boyfriend…I don’t like people asking, so I won’t ask. And plus, if I ask her, then she will ask me back, then I will have to be truthful (“Yes.”) and then it will seem that I want to brag about it.

Technically I am lying, but I do have a boy – who is interested. It’s close enough. Whatever. Just to shut them up.

* * *

Today’s rose picture is proudly taken in mum’s bathroom:

phototistic, no? (YES!)

The bud has fallen to a 90 degree angle and the stem has turned a little yellow. Still smells fantastic tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment