Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Good Moaning to you too

Just having checked my Bank Account finances I just remembered something I neglected to include in the past blog posts.

I’ve lost my timesheet for this week.

Which means I don’t get paid.

Let me break it down for you:
I work at the Career Service for Cardiff University as a Student Communications Representative. I work for 2 hours a week (in the contract) and get paid £5.52 an hour.
At the end of the week I collect a time sheet which tells the JobShop (the Univeristy Employment Agency) to pay me for 2 hours work at £5.52 an hour so that comes up to £11.04 per week. However, the Jobshop pays me £12.29 a week for some reason (not that I’m complaining).

So.

Now that I’ve told you that I’ve just lost my timesheet for this week you can see what that means.

I’ve just lost £12.29 out of my own pocket. That's RM73.74!

And it’s not like I can be pissed. It’s my own fault. I’ve looked everywhere! That tiny piece of paper can do wonders for your esteem.

* * *

And I’m having a bad week. As a result of an accumulation of things.

Illud est (i.e.):

  • Lost timesheet
  • Oceana Incident
  • Friday plans gone awry
  • London plans gone awry
  • Not enough players for Netball
  • Shelling out money to book the court for said Netball
  • Nothing to do but work (which I should consider a sign that I should actually do work)

* * *

Have I mentioned that I’ve given up chocolate for Easter?

It’s not what’s bringing me down at the moment but I could sure use a dose of some right now.

Just need something to take my mind off everything. Poker, a movie or just walking around with friends! I’ve even lost the will to go window shopping. I think it just depresses me more.

* * *
Is it safe to write with full artistic license yet? There are deep dark secrets bursting to be told!

No comments:

Post a Comment