Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Greetings old friend

It's been a while but hello again!

Granted, some inspiration towards writing has come in the form of late/early sleep times, new blog readings and the first and second seasons of How I Met Your Mother.

I suppose I should do lists, since I find it easier to list things at this ungodly hour than form actual paragraphs.

1. People I Know In Cardiff and Labels/Identities
  • Chern - Third Floor Hallmate and closest thing to a best friend here. Knows me better than I know myself - scary! Cooking companion and all round hardworking gal. Avid ballet dancer and food-unwaster. Would go mental without.
  • Saiful - Token Malay Boy. No, just kidding. Best Gay Non-Gay Guy Friend Ever. And by that I mean he is given the "Gay Best Friend" label without being gay. We click. And it's cool.
  • Su-Ann - Sister in Surname. Also Floormate. And fellow HELPian. Met by proxy and knowledgeable big sis. Smarty pants but that's ok.
  • Divan – Fellow Man United supporter and one of the few Indian Malaysians we have here. Exceedingly smart and downright nice guy. Aberdare intruder but that’s ok.
  • Danny – Fun when sober. Even more fun when drunk. Bucket loads of charisma. Loves a good joke and has suspicious taste in music. Great actor and would make a hilarious comedian one day. You know, if this whole law thing doesn’t pan out.
  • Gin Jhen – Doesn’t own a proper coat. Smooth talker and friendly (maybe too friendly) guy. Favourite game: Fishing. Fun to flirt with – we know what’s up. Fun to make shit up around too – he plays along!\
  • Sumitra – Uber tall and uber skinny. Not sick skinny, just like tall skinny. Knows how to dress.
  • Yvonne – Aberdare Hallmate. Used to live next door but moved to catered. Smart as a button and Library resident. Crazy neat small print hand writing.
  • Shih Yin – Controversial new mover to Cardiff. Quiet and reserved but definitely a sweet girl. Seems shy and really needs to be more proactive.
  • Jeremy – Social Secretary together with TK (below). Fellow Law sports person, tho he actually makes the team. Great social drinker and fun drunk dancer. Likes his emo music and emo movies (and sucker for anything Wes Anderson touches). Poker buddy in real life and msn. Looks good in a suit.
  • Teck Kang – Social Sec along with above. Mr. All-Rounder and MSSCF enthusiast. A whiz with movie editing and graphics design. Architecture student, I think. Lives in same house as Alice.
  • Alice – Sweet sweet girl. Would fit in in a 50s movie. Always smiling no matter what.
  • Ili Liyana – FOD Producer, Director and Scriptwriter. Super hard worker and is so kind it’s cruel. Respected, saluted and seen for the wonder she is. Quote Lion King.
  • Julie – Party hardy. See Above for FOD Description. Is fierce – in the Tyra Banks way.
  • Nina – More fun than a barrel of monkeys. Grinds with the girlies. Only at parties. Always up for a drink.
  • Nash – Would do anything for Julie. Ditto Party description. Sweet yet high pitched voice.
  • Aziah – Totally gorgeous. Has “shaggable hair.” Knows how to dress up and make it look easy.
  • Shaq – Lives in a very smokey house filled with various smokes. Malaysian music fan and guitar player. Makes awesome curry.
  • Salad – Good boy. Med student. Asked me advice about something. Bonded a bit. Cheeky bugger tho.
  • Mo (Farah) – Cute little clubbin gal. First yr Accounts and Finance. Really knows how to party smart.
  • Tash (Farah) – Has absolutely gorgeous hair. Besties with Mo. Wears fake nails.
  • Kamal – Lives in Shaq’s house. Is quite tall I think.
  • Sin Yew – From 1st year in HELP. Used to be good friends, and then drifted apart, then good friends again. Likes to annoy/gross out/piss people off just to see what their reaction is.
  • Kirsty – Didn’t really like her at first, but finding her alright nowadays. Still ok in small doses. Will up dosage gradually. Has Boy in Malaysia. Sickeningly mushy.
  • Hui Lynn – Kirsty’s bestie. Denies lesbian relationship adamantly. Has Boy in London (at time of writing).
  • Rowena – Also has Boy in Malaysia but not close. Free spirit and wild child. Born in wrong decade tho I reckon would suffer without modern make-up.
  • Charlaine – Gorgeous mixed girlie. Has long term boyfriend – used to be jealous of but is ok with. Calls most people “sweetie” or “hun” but actually means it so it’s ok.
  • Jane – Friend by proxy and Aberdare Hallmate. Knows her way around Cardiff.
  • Yun Sin – Large in person and larger than life. Great fun when drunk. So bubbly and wears glasses.
  • Ivan – Soon-to-be-Ex President of MSSCF (elections are soon). A bit long-winded but well intentioned.
  • Rohini – Member of the 4am group! We click from 3-5am. Don’t ask. Likes to dance, but really should drink more.
  • Chong – Fun Chinese guy who invented 4C. Cardiff will never be the same again.

I did consider using a numbered list instead of labels but it occurred to me while typing that it would be too much like prioritizing my friends, and that's just something I don't think anyone should do.


2. Recent Occurrings

Festival of Diversity V
Was totally awesome! Should link it. (Will do later.) I played the Laksamana – which is the Admiral guy in the Malaya Royal hierarchy thing. Was supposed to be the Bendahara (Main villain and antagonist) but there were personal issues so I had to be swapped. And it didn’t really wanna sing that song.

Love my newfound FOD family! Great bunch of people! I always tell people (and I bet they are sick of hearing this) that I would never have hung out with all the great people that I did if not for FOD.


Post-FOD Partying
Went to Iota – club/bar in Cardiff. Good company, bad music. What the hell I’ll dance to anything. Actually got bought a drink. Didn’t even try. Wore Orange and Black Dress from Urban & Co. Must remember to buy from them again.
Decided on the wobbly walk home, to get properly drunk at least once more and have drunken stories to relate. Wobbly only because of painful, yet gorgeous shoes. I have the blisters to prove it. So thankful Saiful was sober and a guy and willing to put up with my painful feet.


MSSCF Netballin’
Had practice on Sunday. So fun! I actually woke up and actually went relatively early! If not for the slackers at 11 Colum Road, I would be there on time. But I digress. Practiced with the Bruneians and had a truly fun time. Practice is so much more worthwhile when people actually show up!

Also made my day:
Bruneian very good netballer / coach (I think), who used to play for her country (so I hear) told me, “You have very good footwork. Very good. Well done.

Sweet! Very stoked and ego-inflated. But I think I owe it to myself to put it down to years of hard work on technique.


Friday Night/Saturday
Loooong Friday night. Went to Shaq’s house (ref above). Kirsty, Saiful, Chong and Sin Yew and I went to play poker.
We played:
  • Chor Tai Ti (4 and 2 player versions – I owe Chong a lollipop now)
  • Poker
  • Xbox (Boy territory)

Ended up playing like a little bit of poker, lots of Xbox and eating the infamous 4C from Chicago.

4C: Chicken, Chips, Curry and Cheese (In no particular order). Tres delish!

Left aforementioned Shaq’s house at 7am. Went to sleep in my very own comfy 2ft-across bed at 8am. Slept till 6.30pm, Saturday. Groggy till 7.30pm. Awake at 8pm. Up till 1am, Sunday. Slept at 1.30am.

Short and sweet summary. Truly fun weekend.

* * *

I’ve made it a point to write in here all the things I have trouble saying out loud. Be it for embarrassing reasons or personal or emotional turmoil, cyber space feels anonymous and therefore private. There are so many other things out there that are so much more interesting that noone could possibly find your blog and if they did, then they probably wouldn’t even know you.

Unless you gave them your blog address in trade. Dammit I shouldn’t have done it.

"Dear Readers (you know who you are),

I have this one rule, and one rule only. You are never, ever to reference any material in this blog in real life EVER. Comments are allowed, welcomed and encouraged, but the leaking of this blog would spell the defragmentation of my mental stability and you wouldn’t want that on your hands, would you?

Yours Sincerely,

Sara."


* * *

Boy Issues have once again cropped up in the new-posting on this blog. Tis not the content but the process that I find hard to do. Censor is something I do not like.

Chern knows. And thinks it’s just how I am. It probably is. And I now know what I feel but it can never be. No matter how much I hope. It’s stupid and it wouldn’t work. I won’t let myself lower standards again. It was fine that one time but from alternate reality to leak into real reality left me really confused. I think that’s just what I needed to sort out. I wanted to be flattered but who am I kidding. It’s probably just the desperation talking. Or just the lack of partying (and aftermath) that I miss.

Man I really need to get drunk and do something stupid.
(End: 4.22am)

P.S. Now that I've been reminded, yes I miss make-outs. The most fun part of PDAs I think. Gross out your friends while showing affection - can't miss! And the closest thing to pre-non-unsex I can think of.
(End: 4.25am)

4 comments:

  1. yea no worries sara.
    good post btw... tonnes of gossip materials! but ill respect ur privacy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay wa's back!
    btw, its not stalking, dropping by was the result of exam-study-procrastinationary action :-)haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i'm archiving.

    You 'explained' everyone meaningful in cardiff? thasnice...
    :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. only for the purposes of future reference! I did it for YOU!

    and anything sounds bad when you say it THAT way...

    :P

    ReplyDelete