Friday, March 21, 2008

Minor Melodies

Today is Good Friday and being Catholic (admittedly, not a good one) I should take at least some time out to appreciate His sacrifice for us. Now I don't wanna go all gospel-truth and everything so this is my Thanksgiving time:
  • Thanks that we have someone to believe in when times get tough
  • Thanks for that really good book that has really good sayings in it
  • Thanks for being the One who loves us unconditionally
  • Thanks for being selfless and setting an example
  • Thanks for showing us the meaning of LOVE.
There are some more but it'll make this blog sound a bit too religious so I'll just leave it at that.

* * *

I've had quite a number of friends throughout the years and its natural that you lose touch or just drift apart. But there are those whose friendship you lose suddenly and maybe without warning. It's not so hard when you are the one initiating the divide but its awful when you are the one being cut off. And even harder in a subtle passive-aggressive manner.

There are occasions where even sorry can't fix the most minor of wounds because even thought everything looks alright on the surface, it cuts straight down into the core. Those, only time can mend.

I've never been good at fixing deep wounds that I've caused. Could never find the right words or get the timing right. Always with my foot in my mouth or just gabbing off random rubbish to try and make them feel better.

Basic emotions I can deal with. Happiness. Sadness. Anger. Because for those, there is a corresponding opposite emotion that one can try and evoke to counteract the present one.
Complex emotions like frustration and confusion are more deeply rooted within a person and it takes a deeper understanding of that person's personality and experiences to be able to connect with them. I'm a guesser, I don't know much.

But I know this. I'm a simple creature. No really, I am.
I say what I mean - always. Especially if I'm being serious.
I mean what I say - hand on heart, hope to die.
I have a tendency to be sarcastic when defensive.
I joke a lot about everything but when I say I'm being serious I mean serious.

If you can't tell: look at my face and you'll see what I mean.
Grinning = I'm kidding
Smiling = Keep it lighthearted
Frowning (with sideways mouth) = Thinking hard
Gritted teeth = Angry

*Biting lip; Looking away = Lying.

* * *

Like I said. I don't know what else to say. I don't know what to say. I've said all that I can think of. That's all I have to say, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment