Sunday, March 16, 2008

Oh dear, where'd all the hot water go?

The best blog posts of mine are carefully thought out and descriptively worded in a place of solitude and peace and calm i.e. the shower.

1. The “m” key is being a pain in the ass and not pressing when it’s supposed to. Which leads to repressing and retyping of words which is a waste of time and is making me more annoyed than usual. I think it started like a week ago and it’s still not fixed!

2. Warwick Games

Not going. Why? Because the bus broke down AND we don’t have enough players for the team.

THIS is why I am seriously pissed. I WAS feeling gutted but now I just want to vent. ARGH!

What happened, I hear you ask (silently)? This is what happened:

Saturday, 15th March

  • Got a text message from Iman (Netball Sports Coordinator) saying that there are technical difficulties with the coach and that we can’t go. I wonder: what technical difficulties?
  • Saiful swings by and we eat beef rendang (slightly burned, but edible-ish) and I tell him that the netball team isn’t going. He is shocked.
  • He calls Pijan (MSSCF Sports Sec). Finds out the bus broke down and the football boys are taking cars to Warwick Games. I wonder: why can’t the girls take cars too?
  • Jeremy (Footie boy) IMs and is concerned that we are not going. He calls Pijan (Sorry Pijan! Didn’t mean to sic 2 guys on ur butt).
  • Jem volunteers his friend’s car, subject to insurance matters and finding a driver.
  • Manage to convince Saiful to drive to Warwick (!)
  • Call Iman. 3 times. No response.
  • Iman calls back.
  • Tells me that even with transport issues sorted, we don’t have enough players. Mun and Niz are injured and that leaves us with 6 players – short of 1 for the minimum of 7. I wonder: any possibility of getting them to play anyway.
  • She calls me back and tells me there’s no way they will be fit to play.

I am GUTTED.

Seriously, I don’t wanna think about it anymore. The more I think about it the more frustrated I get and then I tend to snap at people and say mean things.


3. I told you that so I could tell you this:

Actually no, but I always wanted to say that!

This bit’s about Boy Issues. I have deduced, while meditating is calming warm water, that if somehow I have delivered mixed signals to unintentional target that steps should be taken to rectify said misconceptions. Here, in two parts, are my main problems:

Male #1

Unknown and unintended signals were allegedly sent. Spotted by external third party. Sender (me) warned of possibility of signal misunderstanding and actions were taken to clarify with sendee (Male #1). Sender wary of signals sent to sendee but after clarification with parties involved, is able to communicate at own discretion.

However, third party further warns of deception on the part of the sendee with regards to understanding the clarification. Sender is so warned and remains wary but does not act as paranoid as before.

Problem: Sender has already clarified with sendee but has been further notified of possible deliberate falsehood of understanding.


Male #2

Intentional signals were sent. Unknown if received and/or understood. Interference in the form of social lubricant may have caused cross wiring, garbled transmissions or various forms of miscommunication. Signals sent at rare and brief occasions. Sendee (Male #2) eventually returns signals but sender is unclear of meaning. Unable to clarify signals as sendee–sender status is unstable. Sender has decided to stop sending signals as sendee is not of permanent status.

Problem: Sender is unsure whether to keep sending mild signals as is unsure of sendee translation of signals.

*No names, as to protect my dignity. Sigh.

Not to say I don’t know what to do – I hashed out my plan of action already – but some unbiased suggestions would be nice. Just to see if I’m on the wrong track or just really not sane.

4. Non-emotional stuff

Thursday

Went to TigerTiger. Via Liquid [closed], Revolution [age restrictions] and Walkabout [it was mentioned]. Not that many people but danced my arse off anyway. Got drunk as a skunk (how drunk do skunks get? Anyone know?) but no puking – that is and will be the rule. Didn’t feel drunk, just really free and having lots of fun. According to Saiful, I was a 7 on the Sober(1)-Wasted(10) Scale. And that’s pretty far along. The last time I got to maybe a 7 was at Elisa’s 16th. I tend to hold back but I didn’t feel like it this time.

Friday

Drink the Bar Dry! But I’ll get to that.

Work – real paid work – from 12pm to 2pm. Woke up at 11.30 for it. Still not feeling awake.
Netball training from 3-6pm. Took a 30 min nap from 2.10pm to 2.40pm. Decided to go see the play.
8pm. Ran to the Sherman Theatre. The Almond and the Seahorse. Basically a theatre show about 2 couples and lost memories due to Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI). Good acting and brilliant scripting. 8 pounds well spent.
Hopped over to Ambala for (what else) Lamb Briyani!
Decided to go to the Taf and check out the Drink the Bar Dry event. Cheap drinks. Got boring.
Went to Solus. More fun. At least there was music. Couldn’t dance at first because of food baby ala Ambala. By time food baby stopped trying to leap out my throat, music went weird. Last 5 or so songs were pleasantly a nice balance between closing the club and happy emo rock.
Wasn’t tired but didn’t really wanna hang at Shaq’s house and play poker so took a stroll to Julies place and crashed in her living room. Regaled by the mistress of the house herself of the delicious *sarcasm* and nutritious blend of chicken chowder, pepper and Lingams Chilli sauce.
Music tv was on-and-off good and sucky. Left at around 4am.
Didn’t sleep till 6.30 thanks to a restless soul who tricked me into learning what spooning was (over the phone ppl! Stop thinking dirty thoughts.)

Saturday

Woke up at 3pm thanks to a call from a freaked out Saiful wanting to come over and listen to the United game (Derby-United 0-1!). Declined only to get a further half an hour sleep after which I woke up and proceeded to waste my Saturday.

Bummed around till about 7. Saiful popped over after buying beef and we made beef rendang (see above).Chern joined us and we had a little picnic in my room complete with oranges and sparkling juice – which tasted slightly fermented.

* * *

And here we are. Back to the Present.

I should really work on my tutorials.

NAH. Later. ;o)

1 comment:

  1. whoa whoa. there was consent when we spooned last nite. malicious lies!

    you:- whats spooning?
    me:- you really want to know?!
    yu:- yes.
    me:- basically its half foetal...

    (and thats how it went down!)

    true story.

    ReplyDelete