Monday, March 17, 2008

Making sense of my Fallible definitions

Sara’s Social Interaction Gradient.

The following lists out the different and segregated levels of Social Interaction as interpreted by yours truly.

  • Hanging Out – The more the merrier. Primary purpose is to just goof around and do general brain flushing activities.
  • Casual Dating – Almost the same as Hanging Out but the intention is to get to know the other person better.
  • Serious Dating – Progressive from Casual. Mutual Attraction. Romance starts here.
  • Courting – That semi-awkward period where you both wanna get serious and committed but neither are willing to ask. Also known as the “Bubble Phase”.
  • Couple Status – The Boyfriend/Girlfriend Stage. Congrats. You are now in a relationship. Whoopdee-frickin-doo.

Pardon me if I sound a bit cynical but it’s not like I’ve experienced the upside to this scale at any point. In hindsight, I suppose you could consider it a mental progression into Romance.

The main reason I figured I had to put down this list (and Lea agrees with me here) is cos of past misunderstandings with members of the opposite sex.

He says: Let’s go out.
I say: Ok.

He means: Let’s be a couple!
I mean: Let’s go hang out.

And you can see where it can all go horribly wrong.

Stupid high school, hormonally driven boys.
(Well it lasted like a week. Who says “I Love You” after a week?)

And then there are the ones that take the flirting seriously. And I know it’s cruel to lead people on and I always stop it before it gets too bad. And I always clarify that I just mean to be friends. Unforch, it’s cost me a few friends and a few broken hearts (that have happily mended I’m pleased to say).

Ok, as a disclaimer to that last paragraph, there are those to whom flirting is intentional and are intended to produce results.

* * *

The thrill of the hunt.

I really think like a guy sometimes. And I know some of you will hate me after this next bit.

You know how guys have this biological urge to spread their seed? I think I’m the anti-matter to that. Not that I’m the female version but the thrill of the chase is soooo much fun.

Flirtatious banter should never end between couples I think. It’s what makes having an other half fun to be around. Kinda shows that the attraction never dies, ya’know?
The last one turned into a squatting toad after we got thru the couple stage.

And I make a terrible girlfriend I think. Clingy, needy and jealous. I think jealous goes with the territory but the first two are probably by-products of the neglect of that idiot Ex.

* * *

Enough depressive crap.

I have just finished a whole half-pack of sour gummies. And didn’t eat anything else all day. No, not anorexic (Did you not read about the gummies?). Dunno, just didn’t feel like making anything to eat. Nothing I can think of to make to eat in the kitchen.

* * *

Cardiff Games (22nd March 2008)

Not enough players for netball! I’m going out of my mind! It’s so not fair. Dammit. And we could beat the Bruneians too. We can’t host the Games and NOT send a team. That’s just pathetic.

* * *

Oh and as I’m going back to KL in the Summer, Sin Yew has tagged along my flight and is apparently booking tickets. This will be my last Summer in the tropics! Its 3rd year, then BVC. Parents want me to stay in the UK and “not go back to Malaysia”. Gotta find a house next session.

A bit of a random post but I’m all drained out after doing Labour Law tutorials and staring at my Laptop all day.

* * *

I refuse to use the phrase “Ciao” to sign off anything. Its stupid and poser-ish and a blatant attempt to try and seem “cool”. A simple “bye” will do for me.

Bye.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete