Sunday, March 23, 2008

A pint a pub keeps me happy

Let’s get the menial over and done with first ey?

UNITED 3 – Liverpool 0
Chelsea 2 – Arsenal 1

Woot woot!

Which means:
  • United are top of the table
  • Chelsea leapfrogs Arsenal into second place
  • Chelsea and Arsenal are behind United by 5 and 6 points respectively
  • Only 7 more games to go!

The odds that United would win 3-0 (according to a betting shop I passed in town on the way back from Easter Mass) were 1:16! Don’t know more the bookies come up with the most likely odds… Insider information perhaps. Must make mental note to find out one day.

* * *

Now for the more interesting stuff.

Here’s a juicy little story:

I liked this guy. Nice guy. Decent guy. I liked him pretty much before he did anything but that has no bearing on this story. Much.
We went out a few times. Informally. Casual. Friendly.
He asked me out. Formally.
There was a Thing. Something happened. Things were said. I meant it one way, he thought it meant something else. No more date.
Bummed out. Things left hanging in the air.
Now friends. So I say.
It’s like being dumped really. But not really.
Still like him a bit. Always hard to be the one left behind.

And no. I don’t care if he reads this. And you damn well know who you are.

To Lea: This is what you missed!

* * *

So that’s just my take on it. I know (well I guess I know) that he still reads this blog. I wish you didn’t but I can’t do much about that now. I think I’m going to stop reading yours cos it’s just a little too painful. No hard feelings – you’re a good writer, but reading what goes on in someone’s head without context is annoying. Half the time I think it’s about me and half the time I wish it was.

Total creative license restored. Check.

So how am I coping?
Well. I stole his tobacco box. Twice.
So the simple answer to that is: childishly. But hey – to each his own.

I’d prefer not to have to see him or talk to him or anything him ever again. But I’ve come to realise that avoidance isn’t the answer. Its just makes things bitter and I think we make too good friends for that to happen. Even if that’s all it is.

Looking back, one of my Ex-Boys (He is too insignificant in terms of numerical accounting) was and still is one of my good friends. And the reason why is that we hung out in the same group and we were practically forced to deal with each other on a daily basis – together with taunts, teases and jeers from our peers. At the time I didn’t want anything to do with him but for the sake of keeping the group together and not making a big fuss, I just tried to be as amiable and as civil as possible. Long story short, we’re still friends and we can both laugh at that month that we both tried and failed to make it work.

Same concept to be applied.

Cept I don’t have friends to cater to so I’ll do this for myself. I won’t go out of my way to avoid him nor force myself into situations where we will be around each other.

Shall see if it works. *fingers crossed*
This trial and error thing sucks. I don’t like uncertainties.

One problem that I can think of is how to start acting like friends? No details here but ask me (Lea) and I’ll tell you.

I give myself 1 month. If not, I’ll be very disappointed.

* * *

Almost forgot:

BRONZE for NETBALL in CARDIFF MALAYSIAN GAMES 2007/2008!

A tad disappointing but we worked really hard for it!

Other results:
Futsal Cup – GOLD – Cardiff C [who beat Cardiff A in the semis!]
Futsal Cup – Bronze – Cardiff A
Futsal Plate – Bronze – Cardiff Keluarga (Taufik’s team)
Congkak – GOLD – Yih Jia (Cardiff!)
Batu Seremban (5 stones) – GOLD – Julie!
Badminton – Men’s Singles – Silver
Badminton – Men’s Doubles – Silver and GOLD (one of the players was a girl!)
Badminton – Women’s Singles – Silver (Played in the Men’s Doubles too)
Basketball – Bronze

More fights: during the Quarterfinals of the Futsal Cup (Cardiff A v Chinese Soc), the Chinese Soc players (well one of the players) didn’t like the way Derek was refereeing so after the game he confronted him and what resulted was a huge mass of guys either trying to rip the other guy’s throat out or stop some guy from doing it. Taufik threw a punch so I heard.
I here readily admit I’m no good at fights. I will support and motivate from a distance but I prefer to keep a distance. I think only basic curiosity would lead me to actually get near a fight.

Come to think of it, if I were in a fight with a girl I wouldn’t mind. But not with guys. Especially guys who are twice as big as me and twice as heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment