Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Long Thursday-to-Sunday

I feel really tired. It’s a culmination of lotsa jumping around and not much sleep together with a lil bit of worry for a friend.

Here’s the breakdown:

THURSDAY
too smoky. i'm more of a bar person

10am something
Went to Uni
11.30am
Go to Legal Skills tutorial.
Vijaya is uncharacteristically late. We were thinking of ditching but couldn’t bear the thought of having replacement class –same time next week – so those who were there stuck it out and she finally dropped by.
1pm
Tutorial ends. Boys come back from futsal and rest of the people head to The Curve to sing and eat or something. I am stuck waiting for Sin Yew, Kay Mi and Vasantha. Have resigned myself to slumming around the computer lab.
2pm-ish
Sin Yew shows up. Says Kay Mi is sick and won’t be joining the meeting and but go ahead anyway.
Mr. New goes to See Ms. V and comes back to say she says no meeting because there’s not much to discuss and Kay Mi is not there.
I am (understandably?) fuming.
2.30pm-ish
Sin Yew and I catch a cab to The Curve. Parents have agreed to send me there at 3.30 but I forgo that and go there early. Foolishly forget to tell them I’m there. They don’t mind that much. Well they minded – minded more than I thought – but not like angry minded.
3pm
Reach The Curve. Enter Red Box. Hilarious karaoke session. All is forgotten. Sing the blues away. Have consequently lost my harmonious voice. Not as raspy as yesterday, but still pleasantly husky.
8.30pm
Karaoke ends. People have left early anyway. I race to the Royale Bintang Hotel to get picked up.
Have arranged with Alina to stay over at her house because we’re going to Maison’s later. I neglect (0=) to tell parents about Maison. Am worried about her as she has invited her ex-bf to stay over. Rocky relationship due to many factors.
10pm
Get dropped off at Ally’s.
11.45pm
Finally reach Maison after a lot of picking up people from homes and KL Sentral. Talked a bit to her ex-bf. Have yet to worm the story out of him. Pretend to know nothing of Ally’s issues.
He trails her quite a bit. She doesn’t seem to mind. The bunch of us dance around etc. I get tired and sit out. Peter joins me as smoky atmosphere is affecting us both. Apparently my eyes are red. We chat about Ally and issues. He has theories, which are agreed, but seems to offer no solution. Must find other way of resolving continuing problem.

FRIDAY
i was dozing off

3am
Leave Maison as it is closing. Kirsty has joined us earlier in the night. Very good dancer she. We all head out to Murnies for mamak. Were introduced to Kirsty’s cousin and old school mates. Nice people.
3.45am
Go back to Ally’s place. Everyone tired so all sleep within the hour.
9.55am
I wake up because air-con is freezing and v dry. Wash up and go down stairs. Discover Ally’s puppy poodle Teddy and decide to give him some training. V entertaining which keeps me busy for an hour till 11am.
11am
Wake Ally up. She has to send ex-bf and I back – him to bball and me home. Unforch she has asked to wait in his school while he plays bball before going to pick up her other ex-bf – this one more recent.
While Ally is showering and etc, get a chance to chat with ex-bf and find out schematics of relationship. Not considering this sneaky because Ally invited me over and I figure why not. Manage to get some interesting info – most of which I can’t recall now bcos too sleepy.
Conclude that problem lies with both of them but easier to get boy to leave well enough alone than girl. Solution found – implementation will be more difficult. Will only volunteer opinion if asked. Will probably not be asked.
12pm
Reach home. Ally and boy drive off. Nagging worries still around. Get home and have a shower.
1.30pm
Go downstairs to eat. Get text message from Ally – she is bored. At least she’s not focused on ex-boy. Eat nasi lemak and message. Also read Jeffery Archer. Laze around poolside. Getting sleepy.
3pm
Go up stairs. Watch a bit of TV. Go to room and nap.
7pm
Parents are home. Dinner is ready. Baked beans and rice – sounds eugh but is yummy. Remember it is Friday night but don’t care. Ready to sleep in.
8.30pm
No football on telly so retreat to study room to mess around on computer. Forget what I did. Was probably pointless.
12am
Even though sleepy, still stay up. Will sleep now.

SATURDAY
ours ain't so grand

8.45am
Wake up.
9.10am
Get up.
10am
Moot workshop. Nani is there, as is Vijaya. Interesting, ok talk about preparing for moot. Kamraj is not there yet – playing paintball – he sounds cool.
12pm
Kamraj arrives. Nice guy, and though talks slow, if one listens, it’s very educational.
12.45pm
Go for lunch with Sin Yew, Adrian, Li Ann and Yau Jun. the last two are a couple as observes by Kay Mi. Went to Jalan Batai. Close to Main Block. Ordered rojak – having forgotten I only like the pineapple. Adrian and Yau Jun help me finish it. Will try to remember small fact about self and rojak next time.
1.30pm
In KFC buying take away lunch for parents. Go home with food after getting picked up.
2pm
Am home. Mum is steam-cleaning the house. Looks rather like pest control was around. Pictures are on the floor and all the lights are on. They eat lunch. I slum in study room. Am being constantly nagged about clearing room and toilet issues. I do not like cleaning the toilet.
5pm
Supposed to be going to church at 6pm. Dad is sleeping. Do not think church is likely.
6.15pm
I am right. Will go tomorrow. I do not wish to go. Sorry Jesus and His dad and my dad. Will probably be too tired.
8pm
Go to Meng Chuan to eat sang meen and hor fun. Nice food. All full up. Have honey dew sago for dessert. Yay.
10pm
Get home. Jump on computer. Parents watch dvd – very loud. Apparently Manchester v Portsmouth today. Good luck boys.

SUNDAY
see, even bbc found it hard to find pictures

12.45am
Start blog entry. Looking for pictures.

* * *

Once I stop trying, it just seems to come naturally. What is it about me that makes me so tense when I try? Gotta see if I can’t work it out.

* * *

Uh oh. I hear the TV guys say "GOAL!". Will investigate later.

1 comment:

  1. Yo! How're you doing? Haven't been here in a loooong time(because you didn't update!). Am enjoying all the boy-drama posted so far :D Just block the creepy dude la.

    ReplyDelete