Thursday, January 11, 2007

You're not creepy, just...

Hmm I checked and maybe I don’t have any posts pending that have nothing to do with me. Sorry y’all for false hopes.

Hmm I’m come a far bit since this blog was up and staggering in 2005. Maybe I’ll post my CV up or something. Think it might get me hired one day? Perhaps.

Nothing major happening today. No class so I lazed around at home in front of the tv in my pyjamas and my notebook. I guess I’m supposed to do some work but to be honest I did a smidgen. Well I thought about it. It counts I guess the whole scheme of things… ok, no it doesn’t but whatever.

Hmm, got some thoughts on my mind so pardon me for getting this off my chest.

Have you ever talked to a guy (online or in person or on the phone) and got the distinct impression that he likes you? Yeah, I know I’m flipping the switch on things but nvm. Well, it’s creepy. It’s not so creepy if you don’t know, but if he straight out says things or asks questions that are just a littttle too personal, then that’s weird.

Ok, so here’s the List of Creepy Things Guys Say When (You Kinda Know That) They Are Interested In You

Oh, I should define what kind of guy you have to be before it relates to “you”, per se.
Guys who become creepy are: those we are not attracted to, those who we do not wish to talk to, those who we do not consider a "friend", those who we have no prior knowledge of, those who we show no interest in getting to know and those who come off as creepy by way of first impression.




#1 “Do you have a boyfriend?” or mention anything boyfriend-related

Ok, so it many not be all that creepy but if the guy asks you more than once it makes hair stand on end.

Especially if he asks if you’re talking to said boyfriend.

even if I don't, I don't mean go for it.


Girls, you know why he says it. He wants to hear those magical words: “No, I don’t have a boyfriend.” Which translates directly into boy-speak as: “I’m single and available and obviously attracted to you so by all means please flirt with me.”

Boys, don’t fall into the ego trap. Not everything is about you. We do not sit by our phones on at our computers solely in the hope of talking to you. Unless we happen to like you then yes, we might. But don’t assume this. It’s annoying. And creepy.



#2 Asks all about your favourite type of movie

Yeah. Ok. We get it. So you don’t get it wrong when you ask us out. Good for you. A for effort. But you’re getting nowhere pal. Beating around the bush isn’t helpful. Actually it’s downright irritating. We already know. We know. We’re women, not dolls. We have a brain and we can figure it out.


us, in a dark place, within 10 feet of me? NO.

Boys, if you’re gonna ask, ask. Don’t wear a path around the forsaken bush and try and “figure us out”. The answer’s still going to be no anyway.


#3 Keep saying you are “cool” or “great” or “beautiful” or “pretty”

We know we are. And you’re not the first one to say it.

I’ve deliberately left out “cute” because that could go either way. But if used in conjunction with the other ones, then take it as meaning he digs you. Ew.

sweet nothings are minus marks


Boys, don’t overdo it with the compliments. If she doesn’t reciprocate, then you have no hope, I’m sorry. You can work it all you like but overkill really will kill your chances.



#4 Tries to entertain you and keep you talking to him

What I got were jokes. Lots of them. Copied and pasted into the chat window. Thoughtful, but it gets old.


and that's what will happen to you. GO AWAY

Boys, the effort is appreciated. But if there’s no response that’s more than a polite “haha”, then you really have to pack it up and excuse yourself. Don’t make her dislike you any further by forcing her to pay attention to you.

* * *

The reason that it’s so annoying is that you know that they have next to no chance in hooking up with you. He doesn’t get it. And no matter how hard you try to send the right signals (i.e. back off, you’re creepy, I’m not interested), they always come back for a second, third, fourth ad infinitum shot. They will never go right out and say it, so you can’t tell them to back off in case you’re wrong. Sucks to be you.

I’m talking to one online now. It’s late. He’s done all the above things. The fact that he has yet to tell me how he got my email is fking blowing my mind with irritation. It’s the least bit of courtesy you could extend to a friendly female who doesn’t recall who the hell you are. And I told him this. Repeatedly. I don’t ask for fun.

I should post tips for guys: Signs that a girl doesn’t like you in that way. Coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment